WP1 Stress response after cancer surgery
- Davidsen J, Jessen SB, Watt SK, Larsen L, Dahlgaard K, Kirkegaard T, Gögenur I, Troelsen JT.
CDX2 expression and perioperative patient serum affects the adhesion properties of cultured colon cancer cells. BMC Cancer 20, 426 (2020).
- Furbo S, Watt SK; Jessen SB, Davidsen J, Sørensen AE, Kirkegaard T, Gögenur I, Troelsen JT. NF-B Signaling Stimulated by Patient Sera in Colorectal Cancer Cells is Decreased during the Perioperative Period.
- Larsen S, Davidsen J, Dahlgaard K, Pedersen OB, Troelsen TJ. HNF4a and CDX2 regulate intestial YAP1 promotor activity. Int J Mol Sci. 2019;20:2681
- Raskov H, Søby JH, Troelsen J, Bojesen RD, Gögenur I. Driver Gene Mutations and Epigenetics in Colorectal Cancer. Ann Surg. 2020;271:75-85.
WP2: Prehabilitation in colorectal cancer surgery
- Beijer S, Martínez-Palli G, van Lieshout R, Gögenur I, Feo C, Johansen C, Scheede-Bergdahl C, Roumen R, Schep G, Slooter G. Multimodal prehabilitation in colorectal cancer patients to improve functional capacity and reduce postoperative complications: the first international randomized controlled trial for multimodal prehabilitation. BMC Cancer. 2019;19:98.
- van Rooijen S, Carli F, Dalton S, Thomas G, Bojesen R, Le Guen M, Barizien N, Awasthi R, Minnella E, Beijer S, Martínez-Palli G, van Lieshout R, Gögenur I, Feo C, Johansen C, Scheede-Bergdahl C, Roumen R, Schep G, Slooter G. Multimodal prehabilitation in colorectal cancer patients to improve functional capacity and reduce postoperative complications: the first international randomized controlled Alone for High Rectal Cancerstrial for multimodal prehabilitation. BMC Cancer. 2019;19:98.
- Højman P, Christensen JF, Gögenur I, Gehl J. Exercise training as preoperative optimisation in patients with cancer. Ugeskr Laeger. 2019;181(20A).
WP3: Neoadjuvant electroporation for induction of local and systemic immune response
- Hoejholt KL, Mužić T, Jensen SD, Dalgaard LT, Bilgin M, Nylandsted J, Heimburg T, Frandsen SK, Gehl J. Calcium electroporation and electrochemotherapy for cancer treatment: Importance of cell membrane composition investigated by lipidomics, calorimetry and in vitro efficacy. Sci Rep. 2019;9:4758.
- Frandsen SK, Vissing M, Gehl J. A Comprehensive Review of Calcium Electroporation —A Novel Cancer Treatment Modality. Cancers. 2020;12(2)
WP4: Optimized analgesia and anesthesia in patients undergoing surgery for colorectal cancer
- Børglum J, Gögenur I, Bendtsen TF. Reply to: Quadratus Lumborum Block Versus Perioperative Intravenous Lidocaine for Postoperative Pain Control in Patients Undergoing Laparoscopic colorectal surgery. Ann Surg. 2019;270:e88e89.
- Rosenkrantz Hölmich E, Petring Hasselager R, Tvilling Madsen M, Orhan A, Gögenur I. Long-Term Outcomes after Use of Perioperative Glucocorticoids in Patients Undergoing Cancer Surgery: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Cancers. 2019;12(1)
WP5: Modified surgical approach for the reduction of the surgical response
- Vogelsang RP, Gögenur I. Intended curative surgery of patients with colorectal cancer. Ugeskr. Laeger. 180(46).
- Pinar I, Fransgaard T, Thygesen LC, Gögenur I. Long-Term Outcomes of Robot-Assisted Surgery in Patients with Colorectal Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 25:3906-12
- Eriksen JR, Munk-Madsen P, Kehlet H, Gögenur I. Orthostatic intolerance in enhanced recovery laparoscopic colorectal resection. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2019;63:171-7
- Bulut M, Knuhtsen S, Holm FS, Eriksen JR, Gögenur I, Bremholm L. Combined endoscopic laparoscopic surgical treatment of advanced adenomas and early colon cancer. Dan Med J. 2019;66(8)
- Hartwig, Gögenur I. Koloncancerkirurgi hos højrisikopatienten. Ugeskr. Laeger. Under review
WP6: Perioperative immune optimization
- Raskov H, Bjarnsholt T, Alamili M, Kragh KN, Gögenur I. Interaction between microbiota and immune system in colorectal cancer
- Fransgaard T, Hallas J, Thygesen LC, Gögenur I. Association of Statin Use and Oncological Outcomes After Neoadjuvant Radiotherapy in Patients With Rectal Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2019;39:2177-82.
- Fransgaard T, Hallas J, Thygesen LC, Gögenur I. Association between diabetes and oncological outcomes in patients undergoing neoadjuvant chemo-radiotherapy for rectal cancer. Surg Oncol. 2019;28:62-6
- Schack A, Fransgaard T, Klein MF, Gögenur I. Perioperative Use of Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs Decreases the Risk of Recurrence of Cancer After Colorectal Resection: A Cohort Study Based on Prospective Data. Ann Surg Oncol. 2019;26:3826-37.
- Yasemin Özen. Stress-induced proliferation of PANC-1 cells in the perioperative period –
A luciferase-based assay and its advances in proliferation studies. Master thesis in Medical- and Molecular Biology, Department of Science and Environment. Dec. 2018
- Sara Furbo. The Surgical Stress Response Results in Regulated Inflammatory Signaling of
Colon Cancer Cells in the Perioperative Period of Colorectal Cancer Patients. Master thesis in Medical- and Molecular Biology, Department of Science and Environment. Jun 2019
- Sara Kehlet Watt. Immunological and oxidative stress in relation to colorectal cancer surgery. PhD from The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Copenhagen. Performed at Zealand University Hospital Køge, Centre for Surgical Science, Department of Surgery, Køge. Submitted Oct. 2019