Rasmus Peuliche Vogelsang graduated from University of Copenhagen in 2013. After finishing his internship in 2015, he joined Center for Surgical Science under Professor Ismail Gögenur at Zealand University Hospital. Rasmus enrolled as a Ph.D. Student at University of Copenhagen in 2017 focusing on clinical application of electroporation-based treatments for colorectal cancer patients. He is currently involved in three ongoing clinical trials with the aim to investigate the safety and feasibility of endoscopic electroporation-based treatments across different cancer stages. The scope of his Ph.D. is to investigate and characterize the post procedure changes of local therapy on the tumor microenvironment and the potential of converting cold into hot tumor phenotypes. Besides his involvement in clinical research, Rasmus is also involved in establishing an OMOP based common data model for predicting patient outcome after colorectal cancer surgery. Rasmus is responsible for the daily management of the translational research team in CSS.
2017- Ph.D. Student/Clinical Assistant, University of Copenhagen and Department of Surgery, Zealand University Hospital; The influence of neoadjuvant endoscopic assisted electrochemotherapy on tumor response in patients undergoing intended curative treatment for colorectal cancer.
2016- Responsible for Course in Basic Laparoscopy, Copenhagen Academy for Medical Education and Simulation (CAMES), Capitol Region.
2015-2016 Clinical Assistant, Dept. of Surgery, Center for Surgical Science, Zealand University Hospital
2015-2016 Resident, Unclassified Position, Dept. of Surgery, Zealand University Hospital
2014-2015 Clinical Basic Education as MD, General Practice
2014 Clinical Basic Education as MD, Gastro Unit, Surgical Division Copenhagen University Hospital Herlev
2013-2014 Resident, Unclassified Position, Gastro Unit, Surgical Division Copenhagen University Hospital Herlev
2015 Authorization for medical practice
Nov 2013 MD (medicine), University of Copenhagen
2018 OHDSI Symposium 2018, Oral presentation; OHDSI in Denmark: from Ithaca to the bedside.
2015-2018 State of the art laparoscopic colorectal cancer surgery symposium, Zealand University Hospital.
2014-2018 Annual Meeting, Danish Surgical Society
2017 Scandinavian Electrochemotherapy Symposium.
2017 Accelerating Cancer Immunotherapy.
2016 4th Global Conference on Perioperative Medicine – Care of the Cancer Patient.
2016 Danish Surgical Society, Annual Meeting, Oral presentation; Improved specimen quality with laparoscopic versus open colonic resection for cancer: a nationwide propensity score matched study.
2016 European Society of Colo Proctology (ESCP), Milan, Annual meeting, Oral poster presentation; Improved specimen quality with laparoscopic versus open colonic resection for cancer: a nationwide propensity score matched study.
2015 Scandinavian electrochemotherapy symposium.
2015 International Scientific Workshop and Postgraduate Course; Electroporation based technologies and treatments.
2017 Health Informatics, Graduate Programme, University of Copenhagen.
2017 FSAIO 2017, Surgical Stress Response, FSAIO.
2016- Responsible for teaching course in Basis Laparoscopy, CAMES.
2016- Surgical Stress Response, Region of Zealand.
2015 Postoperative Complications, Metropol, The Capitol Region.
2014-2016 Basic Suture Techniques, YDK (Young Danish Surgeons).
2014-2016 Fluid Resuscitation and Blood Component Therapy, The Capital Region.
2018 Ph.D. Course, Basic Statistics, University of Copenhagen. 11 ECTS.
2017 Ph.D. Course, FELASA accredited course in laboratory animal science for EU Functions A/B/D, University of Copenhagen, 11 ECTS.
2017 Ph.D. Course, Use of the statistical software R, University of Copenhagen. 2.10 ECTS.
2017 Ph.D, Course, Responsible conduct of Research, University of Copenhagen. 2 ECTS
- Vogelsang RP, Gögenur I. Intended curative surgery of patients with colorectal cancer. Ugeskr Laeger. 2018 Nov 12;180(46).
- Treder M, Vogelsang RP, Janssen S, Schild SE, Holländer NH, Rades D. Potential prognostic factors of downstaging following preoperative chemoradiation for high rectal cancer. In Vivo. 2018 Nov-Dec;32(6):1481-1484.
- Vogelsang RP, Klein M, Gögenur I, Risk factors for compromised surgical resection: a nationwide propensity score matched study on laparoscopic and open resection for colonic cancer. Diseases of the Colon & Rectum. 2018.
- Klein M, Vogelsang RP, Gögenur I. Circumferential resection margin after laparoscopic and open rectal resection: a nationwide propensity score matched study. Diseases of the colon & rectum. 2018. [Accepted for publication].
- Vogelsang RP, Gögenur I, Klein M. Improved specimen quality with laparoscopic versus open colonic resection for cancer: a nationwide propensity score matched study [abstract]. Abstracts of the 11th Scientific and Annual Meeting of the European Society of Coloproctology; 2016 Sept 28–30; Milan, Italy. Colorectal Disease Special Issue; 2016 Sept;18(S1). Abstract no.
- Watt SK, Jakobsen HL, Vogelsang R , Kromann-Andersen B, Low C, Frødig LP, Dreijer B, Gögenur I. Implementation of a robotic center in a high volume University Hospita Dan Med J. 2015 Jul; 62 (7). pii: A5115.
- Jacob Søby, Sara Kehlet Watt, Rasmus Peuliche Vogelsang, Amandine Broha, Florance Servant, Hans Raskov, Ismail Gögenur, Alterations in blood microbiome following laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer. Danish Surgical Society Annual meeting; 2018 Nov 7-9; Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Jacob Søby, Sara Kehlet Watt, Rasmus Peuliche Vogelsang, Amandine Broha, Florance Servant, Hans Raskov, Ismail Gögenur, Alterations in blood microbiome following laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer. 4th Annual European microbiome Congress; 2018 Nov 14; London, UK.
- Iannis Drakos, PhD, Piotr J. Chmura, MSc, Rasmus C. Jørgensen, MSc, Nicolas Derian, PhD, Rune B. Hasselager MD, Rasmus Peuliche Vogelsang MD, Tina Fransgård, MD, Sara K. Watt, MD, Christina Ellervik, MD, PhD, Palle L. Pedersen, PhD, Stig E. Andersen, MD, PhD, Benjamin S. Kaas-Hansen, MD, MSc, Kirstine G. Belling, PhD, Erling Samdahl, MSc, Anders Rasmussen, MSc, Karen Søeby, MD, PhD, Anna Ostropolets, MD, Maria Pozhidaeva, Peter R. Rijnbeek, PhD, Anne Bernth, MSc, Søren Brunak, MD, Jesper Grarup, DVM, Ismail Gögenur MD, PhD. OHDSI in Denmark: from Ithaca to the bedside. OHDSI Symposium; 2018 Oct 12; Bethseda, USA.
- Broholm M, Stigaard T, Bulut M, Vogelsang R, Troelsen J, Gögenur I, Gehl. Calcium electroporation for the treatment of colorectal cancer calcium EndoVe – preliminary results. The 38th Congress of the European Society of Surgical Oncology; 2018 Oct 2018 10-12; Budapest, Hungary.
- Broholm M, Stigaard T, Bulut M, Vogelsang R, Troelsen J, Gögenur I, Gehl J. Calcium Electroporation for the Treatment of Colorectal Cancer – Calcium EndoVe. Danish Cancer Research Days; 2018 Aug 30-31; Odense, Denmark.
- Vogelsang RP, Gögenur I, Klein M. Improved specimen quality with laparoscopic versus open colonic resection for cancer: a nationwide propensity score matched study. The 11th Scientific and Annual Meeting of the European Society of Coloproctology; 2016 Sept 28–30; Milan, Italy.
- Klein M, Vogelsang RP, Gögenur I Survival after neoadjuvant chemoradiation therapy in locally advanced rectal cancer: a nationwide study. The 12th Scientific and Annual Meeting of the European Society of Coloproctology; 2017 Sept 20–22; Berlin, Germany.
2018 Clinical investigator, VAR2CSA, translational protocol for identifying cancer neoepitopes by VAR2CSA.
2018 Clinical investigator, iCELLigence assay development, translational protocol for measuring the effect of perioperative factors on the adhesion abilities of colon cancer cells in the perioperative period.
2018 Clinical investigator, Calcium electroporation for early rectal cancer.
2017 Clinical investigator, Calcium Electroporation for the treatment of colorectal cancer.
2017 Coordinating investigator, nECT protocol, a RCT on neoadjuvant endoscopic elec-trochemotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancer.
Research Projects endorsed by external research grants. Received > 1.3 mill. DKK in grant applications.
LAST UPDATE: DEC 2018