I have been employed as a research fellow at the Center for Surgical Science since November 2019. In the past I also had a research year in the research unit. I am interested in how the surgical and oncological approach to patients can be combined so that patients can get the right treatment at the right time. In particular, im interested in the immune system with a focus on increasing the activity of the immune sys-tem before surgical and medical oncological treatment. In addition, I am also interested in identifying important factors for medical oncology treatment using a big data and machine learning approach.
2015/September-2016/September: Research scholar, Department of Surgery, Center for Surgical Science, Køge Hospital.
2017 October-December: Locum tenens, Emergency Department, Slagelse Hospital
2018/May- 2019/December: Locum tenens, Department of Surgery, Nykøbing Falster Hospital
2019/May-November: House officer/Resident, Department of Respiratory Diseases, Hvidovre Hospital
2019 November-2022 November: Research fellow, Center for Surgical Science, Department of Surgery, Zealand University Hospital
2012-2014: Bsc. Med., University of Copenhagen
2014-2019: Cand. Med., University of Copenhagen
My research is divided between a translational and a big data focus. Translationally, I am interested in neoadjuvant measures that can enhance immune system activity before curative surgery in patients with colorectal cancer. In addition, I have been part of several projects focusing on identifying biomarkers that can monitor tumor burden in patients undergoing surgical and oncological treatment. Within big data, I am interested in identifying factors that are essential for patients to benefit from oncological medical care.
- Mikail Gögenur, Tina Fransgård, Tyra Grove Krause, Lau Caspar Thygesen, Ismail Gögenur. “Association of postoperative influenza vaccine on overall mortality in patients undergoing curative surgery for solid tumors.” In review at JAMA
- Hangaard-Hansen C, Gögenur M, Madsen M, Gögenur I.”The effect of time from diagnosis to surgery on oncological outcomes in patients undergoing surgery for colon cancer: a systematic review.” Eur J Surg Oncol.2018 Oct;44(10):1479-1485. doi: 10.1016/j.ejso.2018.06.015. Epub 2018 Jun 25
- Kirkegaard T, Gögenur M, Gögenur I. “Assessment of perioperative stress in colorectal cancer by use ofin vitro cell models: a systematic review”. 2017 Nov 17;5:e4033. doi: 10.7717/peerj.4033. eCollection 2017.
- Gögenur M, Hillig T, Gögenur I. “CytoTrack analysis reveals low presence of circulating tumor cells in the perioperative period in patients with non-metastatic colorectal cancer” Anticancer Res.2017 Jun;37(6):3099-3103.
- Gögenur M, Burcharth J, Gögenur I. “The role of total cell-free DNA in predicting outcomes among trauma patients in the intensive care unit: a systematic review”. Crit Care.2017 Jan 24;21(1):14. doi: 10.1186/s13054-016-1578-9.
- Gögenur M, Gögenur I. “Randomized Controlled Trial of the Intraportal Chemotherapy Combined With Adjuvant Chemotherapy (mFOLFOX6) for Stage II and III Colon Cancer”. Ann Surg. 2017 Dec;266(6):e105-e106. doi: 10.1097/SLA.0000000000001822
- Gögenur M, Watt S.K. Gögenur I. “Immunrespons efter laparoskopisk versus åben kolorektal cancerkirurgi”. Ugeskr Laeger. 2015 Jul 13;177(29). pii: V12140763.
LAST UPDATE: MAR 2020