I have worked within the surgical specialty for many years focusing on e.g., interdisciplinary collaboration, enhanced recovery after surgery and structured nursing interventions. Furthermore, I have more than 10 years of experience with pre- and postgraduate teaching as well as quality improvements of nursing interventions. I find it very satisfactory and important to work interdisciplinary in clinical practice and in research. In my research, I focus on the patients’ perspectives on outcomes after treatment.
Clinicial Nurse Specialist, PhD, Dept. of Surgery
Ph.d.-student University of Copenhagen
Research Nurse, Dept. of Gastroenterology, Herlev Gentofte Hospital, and Abdominalcenter, Rigshospitalet.
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Digestive Disease Center, Bispebjerg Hospital.
Clinical Supervisor for Nursing Students, Digestive Disease Center, Bispebjerg Hospital.
Nurse Specialist, Digestive Disease Center, Bispebjerg Hospital
Digestive Disease Center, Bispebjerg Hospital
Department of Gastroenterology, Herlev Hospital
Intensive Care, Foerde Sentral Sykehus, Norway
Dept. of Abdominal surgery, Aalborg University Hospital
Department of Transplantation, Rikshospitalet Oslo, Norway
2020 PhD, University of Copenhagen
Dissertation: Parastomal bulging- patients’ symptoms, health-related quality of life and course of surgical treatment. University of Copenhagen. May 2020
2012 Master of Health Science, University of Copenhagen
1997 Adult teacher, Blaagaard Seminarium
1989 Graduated as Nurse, Aalborg Nursing School
2019 Cancer symptom science and symptom management research
2018 Register-based epidemiology research
2018 Questionnaires in clinical and public health research
2017 Analysis of correlated and repeated measurement
2017 Introduction to scale validation
2017 Use of SAS statistical software
2016 Datahåndtering i sundhedssektoren
2013 Epidemiologi og biostatistik
My main research area is patients’ perspectives on outcomes after colorectal surgery. To improve outcomes it is important that professionals investigate and understand the patients’ perspectives on their situation after treatment. My research focus on patients’ experiences of symptoms, late complications and health-related quality of life following treatment. Key area for my research is parastomal bulging that is a frequent late complication in relation to a stoma.
Invited speaker at e.g., Copenhagen Hernia & Colorectal Day-Symposium 2019, Coloplast Ostomy Days 2018, Dansac Nurse Study Day 2017
In total 18 oral presentations in Denmark, Germany and New Zealand at conferences for nurses and surgeons.
Presentation for patients at Annual meeting in Danish Ostomy Association 2018.
- Andersen RM., Danielsen, A.K., Vinter, A., Krogsgaard M., Gögenur, I., Thomsen T. Patients’ experiences of abdominal exercises after stoma surgery: a qualitative study. Disability and rehabilitation. September 2020.
- Kristensen H, Krogsgaard, M; Christensen, P; Thomsen T. Validation of the Colostomy Impact score in patients ostomized for a benign condition. Colorectal Disease. August 2020.
- Krogsgaard M, Gögenur, I., Helgstrand F., Andersen RM., Danielsen, A.K., Vinter, A., Wirenfeldt, T., Hillingsoe J., Christensen, B.; Thomsen, T. Surgical repair of parastomal bulging – a retrospective register-based study on prospectively collected data. Accepted for publication. Colorectal Disease, May 2020.
- Krogsgaard M, Watt, T., Danielsen, A.K., Wirenfeldt, T., Vinter, A., Gögenur, I., Thomsen T. Impact of a Parastomal Bulge on Quality of Life – A Cross-sectional Study of Patients From the Danish Stoma Database. Ann Surg. 2019.
- Krogsgaard M, Thomsen T., Vinter A., Gögenur, I., Kaldan, G., Danielsen, A.K. Living with a parastomal bulge – patients’ experiences of symptoms. J Clin Nurs 2017 Aug 9.
- Krogsgaard M, Pilsgaard, B., Borglit, T. B., Bentzen, J., Balleby, L., Krarup, P. M. Symptom load and individual symptoms before and after repair of parastomal hernia: A Prospective single Centre Study. Colorectal Dis 2017 Feb;19(2):200-207.
- Soelver, L, Krogsgaard M. From reactive to proactive basic palliative hospital care. Evaluation of one-nurse telephone follow-up and bedside consultation to advanced gastrointestinal cancer patients and informal caregivers: a quasi-experimental study. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. 2016, Vol 4 (no 2). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5750/ejpch.v4i2
- Krogsgaard M, Dreyer P, Egerod I, Jarden M. Post-discharge symptoms following fast-track colonic cancer surgery: A phenomenological hermeneutic study. 2014;3:276-1801-3-276. eCollection 2014.
- Living with a parastomal bulge – the patients’ perspective. Coloplast Newsletter, fall 2018.
- Buledannelse ved tyktarm- og tyndtarmsstomi. Danish Ostomy Association Magazine, COPA 6/2018.
- Bliv klogere på brok. Stomi Information, Coloplast 1/2018
Colorectal Disease, Ugeskrift for læger
Public Health, Colorectal Disease, BMJ Open Gastroenterology, BMC Cancer, Nursing Open
European Hernia Society
Dansk Selskab for Sygeplejeforskning
Faglig sammenslutning for sygeplejersker beskæftiget med pleje af patienter med stomi (FS22)
LAST UPDATE: OCT 2020