I work as a specialist registrar at the surgical department at Zealand University Hospital. Parallel to my clinical position, I have a research position as clinical assistant (PhD student) at center for Surgical Science.
I have a particular interest in benign upper GI and my research focusses on the emergency surgery, surgical complications and epidemiological trends in this population.
2012-2019: Bachelor and master, medicine, University of Copenhagen
Outcomes after bariatric surgery and emergency high-risk abdominal surgery with a particular focus on preoperative optimization and postoperative complications.
2023 – current: Specialist registrar, Department of Surgery, Zealand University Hospital (Køge)
2020 – nu: Clinical assistant (PhD student), Center for Surgical Science, Zealand University Hospital
2022 – 2023: Resident, Department of Surgery, Herlev Hospital
2021-2022: Resident, Dine læger (Birgitte Munk og Rita Andersen), Region South Denmark
2021: Resident, Department of Surgery, Kolding Hospital
2019 – 2021: Resident, Department of Surgery, Zealand University Hospital (Køge)
2018 – 2021: Locum junior doctor (pregraduate), Department of surgery, Slagelse Hospital
2017 – 2019: Scolary student, Center for Surgical Science, Zealand University Hospital
2017 – 2018: Teaching assistant, Department of ear-nose-throat surgery, Rigshospitalet
2016 – 2018: Locum junior doctor (pregraduate), Department of surgery, Hvidovre Hospital
2016 – 2017: Locum junior doctor (pregraduate), Department of cardiothoracic surgery, Rigshospitalet
- Gormsen J, Burcharth J, Gögenur I, Helgstrand F. Prevalence and risk factors for chronic abdominal pain after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery: a cohort study. Ann Surg. 2021 Feb 1; 273(2):306-314. 2019.
- Gormsen J, Hjørne F, Helgstrand F. Cotinine test in evaluating smoking cessation at the day of bariatric surgery. Scand J Surg. 2020 Sep; 109(3): 265-268.
- Gormsen J, Gögenur I, Helgstrand F. Quality of life and occupational outcomes after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery. Surgery. 2020 Sep;168(3):471-477.
- Gormsen J, Burcharth J, Helgstrand F. Impact of cardiovascular risk factors on chronic abdominal pain after laparoscopic gastric bypass. Dan Med J. 2020 Oct 29;67(11): A05200330.
- Gormsen J, Brunchmann A, Henriksen NA, Jensen TK, Laugesen KB, Motavaf E, Possfelt-Møller EM, Poulsen KA, Skovsen AP, Svenningsen P, Tengberg LT, Burcharth J, and the Board of Emergency, Trauma, and Hernia Surgery under the Danish Surgical Society. Perioperative clinical management in relation to emergency surgery for perforated peptic ulcer: a nationwide questionnaire survey. Clin Nutr ESPEN. 2022 Feb; 47:299-305.
- Kristensen SD, Gormsen J, Naver L, Helgstrand F, Floyd AK. Randomized clinical trial on closure versus non-closure of mesenteric defects during laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery. Br J of Surg. 2021 Mar 12; 108(2): 145-151.
- Carstensen CFB, Gormsen J, Helgstrand F, Bisgaard T. Quality of life after bariatric surgery evaluated by standardised questionnaires. Ugeskr Laeger. 2020 Dec 14; 182(51):V05200404. Danish.
LAST UPDATE: JUN 2023