I graduated medical school in June 2011 and I am now specializing to become a surgeon. Currently I am doing a Phd at Center for Surgical Science and Department of Surgery, Slagelse Hospital.
Clinical assistant, Department of Surgery, Slagelse Hospital
Specialist training, Department of Surgery, Rigshospitalet, Hvidovre Hospital and Hillerød Hospital (currently on research leave)
Resident, Department of Surgery, Herlev Hospital
Resident, Department of Surgery, Zealand University Hospital, Køge
Internship, Department of Surgery Køge Hospital
Clinical basic education, resident, Department of Medicine and Department of Urology, Næstved Hospital
MD (medicine), University of Copenhagen
I am interested in research dealing with improving the treatment and prognosis of colorectal cancer. Currently I am doing a clinical randomized trial in which patients with colon cancer are treated with metformin in the perioperative period. The aim of the study is to investigate the effect of metformin on proliferation and apoptosis of tumor cells as well as changes in immune infiltration of the tumor. Furthermore, the systemic immune response and changes in postoperative hyperglycemia are explored. Finally, the composition of the microbiota of the gut is examined. The gut microbiota has proven to be connected to a number of different diseases, including colorectal cancer. Metformin is thought to be able to change the composition of the gut microbiota.
- Colov EP, Fransgaard T, Klein M, Gögenur I, Validation of a register-based algorithm for recur-rence in rectal cancer 2018 Dan Med J. 2018 Oct;65(10).
- 2015 European Society of Coloproctology collaborating group, Risk factors for unfavourable post-operative outcome in patients with Crohn’s disease undergoing right hemicolectomy or ileocaecal resection An international audit by ESCP and S-ECCO.,Colorectal Dis. 2017 Sep 15. doi: 10.1111/codi.13889.
- 2015 European Society of Coloproctology collaborating group. The relationship between method of anastomosis and anastomotic failure after right hemicolectomy and ileo-caecal resection: an international snapshot audit.
Colorectal Dis. 2017 Mar 6. doi: 10.1111/codi.13646. [Epub ahead of print]
- Colov EP, Klein M, Gögenur I, Wound Complications and Perineal Pain After Extralevator Versus Standard Abdominoperineal Excision: A Nationwide Study.
Dis Colon Rectum. 2016 Sep;59(9):813-21. doi: 10.1097/DCR.0000000000000639.
- Klein M, Colov E, Gögenur I, Similar long-term overall and disease-free survival after conventional and extralevator abdominoperineal excision-a nationwide study.
Int J Colorectal Dis. 2016 Jul;31(7):1341-7. doi: 10.1007/s00384-016-2596-4. Epub 2016 Apr 29.
- Hargreave M, Jensen A, Nielsen TS, Colov EP, Andersen KK, Pinborg A, Kjaer SK, Maternal use of fertility drugs and risk of cancer in children–a nationwide population-based cohort study in Den-mark.,Int J Cancer. 2015 Apr 15;136(8):1931-9. doi: 10.1002/ijc.29235. Epub 2014 Oct 6.
- Colov EP, Bertelsen CA, Short convalescence and minimal pain after out-patient Bascom’s pit-pick operation. Dan Med Bull. 2011 Dec;58(12)
LAST UPDATE: SEP 2019