I am a junior surgeon with special interests in Gastrointestinal Surgical Oncology, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Translational Surgical Research. I have three years of experimental and clinical research experience in stem cell biology, regenerative medicine and cancer biology. I am fully licensed to practice medicine both in Turkey and Japan. I am currently a PhD student at CSS and am involved in both clinical and experimental surgical research.
I have full professional proficiency in Japanese and English and am currently learning Danish.
April 2021 – March 2022 Senior Resident Physician in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The Jikei University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
April 2019 – March 2021 Junior Resident Physician (House Officer), Keio University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
April 2018 – March 2019 Research fellow, Department of General and Gastroenterological Surgery, Keio University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
April 2016 – March 2018 Research fellow, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Juntendo University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
June 2014 – June 2015 Intern, Ankara University Ibni Sina Hospital and Cebeci Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
July 2013 – August 2013 Clinical Externship in Trauma Surgery, Medstar Washington Hospital Center, Washington DC, USA
June 2015 MD (Tip Doktoru), Ankara University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Immune system related factors associated with complications and poor recovery after non-malignant surgery.
- Hirayama H, Ishida K, Kishi K, Kodama H, Orgun D, Miyawaki T. Management of Recurrent Acquired Choanal Atresia with Radial Forearm Free Flap Transfer. Ear Nose Throat J 2022 (in press)
- Geeroms M, Fujimura S, Aiba E, Orgun D, Arita K, Kitamura R, Senda D, Mizuno H, Hamdi M, Tanaka R. Quality and Quantity- Cultured Human Mononuclear Cells Improve the Human Fat raft Vascularization and Survival in an In Vivo Murine Experimental Model. Plast Reconstr Surg 2021; 147-2:373-385
- Matsui C, Tanaka T, Orgun D, Kim YM, Imai T, Mizuno H. Preparation of a Surgical Guide for the Prevention of Injury to the Angular and Periosteal Branches While Performing Osteotomy for the Harvest of Vascularized Scapular Chimeric Free Flap for Mandibular Reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2020;8-9S:111-112
- Tanaka R, Geeroms M, Fujimura S, Aiba E, Orgun D, Arita K, Ito-Hirano R, Kitamura R, Senda D, Mizuno H, Hamdi M.. Quality- and Quantity-cultured Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cell Improve the Fat Graft Vascularization and Survival. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2019;7 (8 Suppl):119-119.
- Orgun D, Hayashi A, Yoshizawa H, Shimizu A, Horiguchi M, Mochizuki M, Kamimori T, Aiba-Kojima E, Mizuno H. Oncoplastic Lower Eyelid Reconstruction – A 10-Year Retrospective Analysis. J Craniofac Surg 2019;30(8):2396-2400.
- Senda D, Orgun D, Shimizu A, Shimoji K, Miyajima M, Arai H, Mizuno H, Komuro Y. Quantitative Analysis of Change in Intracranial Volume After Posterior Cranial Vault Distraction and Frontal Orbital Advancement/Remodeling. J Craniofac Surg 2019 Jan;30(1):23-27
- Shigeta R, Orgun D, Mizuno H, Hayashi A. Mammary Analogue Secretory Carcinoma Arising in the Parotid Gland of Child. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2018 Dec 13;6(12):e2059
- Matsui C, Orgun D, Tanaka T, Inomata T, Mizuno H. Cervical/Submandibular Dead Space Filling Type Chimeric Anterolateral Thigh Flap Reconstruction for Head and Neck Cancer Surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2018;6-8S:16
- Orgun D, Hayashi A. Medial Canthal Reconstruction With Malar Advancement Flap Combined With Cutaneous Island Flap Created Using “Conventionally Discarded” Tissue. Dermatol Surg 2017 Jan 17 (epub)
- Orgun D, Mizuno H. Multipotency and secretome: the mechanisms behind the regenerative potential of adipose-derived stem cells. Plast Aesthet Res 2017 (epub)
- Orgun D, Horiguchi M, Hayashi A, Shimoji K, Arai H, Mizuno H. Conservative Treatment of Large Aplasia Cutis Congenita of the Scalp With Bone Defect With Basic Fibroblast Growth Factor Application. J Craniofac Surg 2017: 28(2), e154 – e158
- Senda D, Ando E, Orgun D, Horiguchi M, Arakawa A, Matsuda A, Mizuno H, Hayashi A. The Rapid Development of Squamous Cell Carcinoma on the Nasal Dorsum of a Patient Receiving Immunosuppressive Therapy. J Craniofac Surg 2017: 28(3), e277 – e279
LAST UPDATE: APR 2022