I graduated as a medical doctor in 2017 and have worked in the field of pathology since 2018. In March 2021 I was employed as a PhD student part-time at the Dept. of Pathology, Roskilde Hospital, and part-time at Center for Surgical Science, Køge Hospital.
- 2022 – present: Ph.D.-student /Clinical Assistant, Dept. of Pathology, Roskilde Hospital and Center for Surgical Science, Køge Hospital
- 2021 – Aug. 2022: Maternity leave
- 2021 – present: Ph.D.-student /Clinical Assistant, Dept. of Pathology, Roskilde Hospital and Center for Surgical Science, Køge Hospital
- 2020 – Feb. 2021: Resident, Dept. of Pathology, Roskilde Hospital
- 2019 – Aug. 2020: Resident, Dept. of Pathology, Hvidovre Hospital.
- 2018 – Aug. 2019: Resident, Dept. of Pathology, Rigshospitalet.
2017: Doctor of Medicine, University of Copenhagen
I work with digital image analysis and deep learning in pathology, with a main focus on rectal cancer. Currently, I am working on developing a new objective digital method to perform tumor regression grading after neoadjuvant therapy in rectal cancer. Further, I am interested in finding prognostic and predictive biomarkers in the tumor microenvironment of rectal cancer, following neoadjuvant therapy.
- Jepsen DNM. Høeg H, Thagaard J, Walbech JS, Gögenur I, Fiehn AK. Development of a method for digital assessment of tumor regression grade in patients with rectal cancer following neoadjuvant therapy. Accepted for publication in Journal of Pathology Informatics.
- Slumstrup L, Eiholm S, Bennedsen ALB, Jepsen DNM, Gögenur I, Fiehn A-MK. Deeper sections reveal residual tumor cells in rectal cancer specimens diagnosed with pathological complete response following neoadjuvant treatment. Virchows Arch 2022;480:1041–9. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00428-022-03287-7.
- Jepsen DNM, Fiehn AK, Garbyal RS, Engel U, Holm J, Federspiel B. Immunohistochemical Staining With Neuroendocrine Markers is Essential in the Diagnosis of Neuroendocrine Neoplasms of the Esophagogastric Junction. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2021 Jul 1;29(6):454-461. doi: 10.1097/PAI.0000000000000906.
- Jepsen DNM/Osterkamp JTF, Schou JHV, Larsen PN, Garbyal RS. Hepatic pinworm infestation misdiagnosed as a liver metastasis in a patient with colonic adenocarcinoma. IDCases 2020;21:e00803. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.idcr.2020.e00803.
- Jepsen DNM, Fiehn A-MK, Svendsen B, Achiam MP, Federspiel B. Isolated tumor cells in the regional lymph nodes in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus are rarely observed but often represent part of a true metastasis. Ann Diagn Pathol 2020;45:151478. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2020.151478.
- Fiehn A-MK, Jepsen DNM, Achiam MP, Ugleholdt H, Federspiel B. Isolated tumor cells in regional lymph nodes in patients with adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction might represent part of true metastases. Hum Pathol 2019;93:90–6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humpath.2019.08.015.
LAST UPDATE: NOV 2022