Andreas has a background as a medical doctor and has previously worked clinically in internal medicine, surgery, pathology, and general practice. Currently, he is doing his PhD in the Data Science team at the Center for Surgical Science, focusing on using observational data for evidence creation for personalized medicine for patients with colorectal cancer.
2021 – … University of Copenhagen – Master in Personalised Medicine
2013 – 2017 University of Copenhagen – Medical Doctor
MSc thesis: Individualized treatment of colon cancer
2010 – 2013 University of Copenhagen – BSc in medicine
BSc thesis: The Philadelphia Chromosome
2006 – 2009 Ingrid Jespersens Gymnasieskole
Andreas’ research focuses on how observational data can be used to create evidence for personalized medicine. Currently, he is working on developing prediction models for patients undergoing surgery for colorectal cancer, with an aim to guide patients and clinicians better. Besides risk stratification, he is working on identifying drugs that might be repurposed for modifying surgical stress. Previous work has included biomarkers for surgical stress and poor oncological outcomes following surgery.
- Justesen TF, Gögenur M, Clausen JSR, Mashkoor M, Rosen AW, Gögenur I. The impact of time to surgery on oncological outcomes in stage I-III dMMR colon cancer – A nationwide cohort study. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2023 Mar 24:S0748-7983(23)00418-3. doi: 10.1016/j.ejso.2023.03.223. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 37002178.
- Broholm M, Vogelsang R, Bulut M, Stigaard T, Falk H, Frandsen S, Pedersen DL, Perner T, Fiehn AK, Mølholm I, Bzorek M, Rosen AW, Andersen CSA, Pallisgaard N, Gögenur I, Gehl J. Endoscopic calcium electroporation for colorectal cancer: a phase I study. Endosc Int Open. 2023 May 9;11(5):E451-E459. doi: 10.1055/a-2033-9831. PMID: 37180313; PMCID: PMC10169226.
- Hartwig, M, Rosen, AW, Vogelsang, R, Fiehn, A-M, Gögenur, I. Risk factors for lymph node metastasis in patients with pT2 colon cancer in Denmark from 2016 to 2019—A nationwide cohort study. Colorectal Dis. 2023; 25: 872– 879. https://doi.org/10.1111/codi.16469
- Broholm, M, Bojesen, R, Gögenur, M, Rosen, AW, Watt, S, Bulut, M, Vogelsang, R, Quist, H Jensen, Adile Orhan, Ellen Bjerrum, Christina Søs Auður Andersen, Niels Pallisgaard, Litman T, Troelsen, JT, Gögenur, I. Circulating Cell-Free DNA and Systemic Inflammatory Response after Self-Expandable Metal Stent for Malignant Bowel Obstruction. Archives of Microbiology and Immunology 6 (2022): 247-255.
- Bräuner, K.B., Rosen, A.W., Tsouchnika, A. et al. Developing prediction models for short-term mortality after surgery for colorectal cancer using a Danish national quality assurance database. Int J Colorectal Dis 37, 1835–1843 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00384-022-04207-6
- Lin, V., Tsouchnika, A., Allakhverdiiev, E. et al. Training prediction models for individual risk assessment of postoperative complications after surgery for colorectal cancer. Tech Coloproctol 26, 665–675 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10151-022-02624-x
- Orhan T, Nielsen PB, Hviid TVF, Rosen AW, Gögenur I. Expression of Circadian Clock Genes in Human Colorectal Cancer Tissues Using Droplet Digital PCR. Cancer Invest. 2019;37(2):90-98. doi: 10.1080/07357907.2019.1571079. Epub 2019 Feb 7. PMID: 30732490.
- Rosen, A.W., Gögenur, M., Paulsen, I.W. et al. Perioperative changes in cell-free DNA for patients undergoing surgery for colon cancer. BMC Gastroenterol 22, 168 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12876-022-02217-w
- Rosen AW, Degett TH, Gögenur I. Individualiseret behandling af coloncancer. Ugeskr Vidensk. 2016;2–5.
- Rosen, AW., Degett, T. H., Kirkeby, L. T., Olsen, J., Eiholm, S., Jess, P., Troelsen, J., Olsen, J. & Gögenur, I. Association Between Systemic Inflammation and Intratumoral Cytokines and PTGS2 Messenger RNA Levels, Stage, Differentiation Grade, and Mismatch Repair Status in Patients with Colonic Adenocarcinoma. 2016 I : Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 223, 4, suppl 1, s. S138
LAST UPDATE: JUN 2023