I am a medical doctor, aspiring to become a clinical oncologist. I aim for perfection in all aspects of life and strive for the best when completing any task. I seek constant improvement on a professional and personal level.
Driven by my passion for knowledge and my life-long ambition to become both a skilled and caring medical doctor, I am inspired by the following quote by Hippocrates; “Cure sometimes, treat often, comfort always”.
My fields of interest are the immune system and cancer. At CSS, I have assisted in studies examining the immune system’s involvement in cancer development and progression, and how the immune system can be enhanced against cancer cells.
I am especially interested in the interplay between the immune system, the tumor microenvironment and cancer cells in pancreatic cancer.
University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
Doctor of Medicine | February 2017 – June 2020
University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
Bachelor of Medicine | January 2014 – February 2017
Bachelor thesis in:”The proliferative and growth stimulating effects of GLP-2 in relation to intestinal cancers”, written in English. Accomplished with A +
High School Diploma | August 2010 – June 2013
High level Mathematics and English.
My main research areas are the immune system’s involvement in cancer and how the immune system can be enhanced against cancer cells. I specifically focus on the prognostic value of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in gastrointestinal cancers, including colorectal, gastric and pancreatic cancer.
At the moment, I assist in studies on calcium-electroporation for colorectal and gastric cancer, while conducting research on the prognostic value of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes.
The formation of metastasis and the chemo-preventive effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are also among my research and interest areas.
- 01.09.2020 – present | Zealand University Hospital, Koege.
Medical internship at the emergency department of ZUH, Koege.
- 01.08.2018 – present | University of Copenhagen, Institute for Biomedical Sciences (BMI)
Assistant Lecturer in human anatomy and physiology for first-year medical and dental students.
- 18.12.2016 – present | Aspiri A/S
Lecturer in the following exam preparation courses
- Medical and Health Psychology for medical students
- Hematology, Oncology and Plastic Surgery for medical students
Courses evaluated to 4.9 out of 5 points.
- 01.05.2017 – 30.06.2020 | Biotech Research and Innovation Centre (BRIC)
Assistant Lecturer and Student Assistant responsible for exam preparation lectures on cytopathology, inflammation, cardiovascular pathology and neoplasia in the course Basic Pathology at the Faculty of Medicine. My lectures were evaluated to 6.7 out of 7 point.
- 01.08.2017 – 30.06.2020 | Herlev Hospital, Department of Oncology
Research Assistant responsible for collecting and reporting patient data in The National Danish Sarcoma Database and for a PhD-project on sarcomas.
- 01.02.2019 – 31.01.2020 | Zealand University Hospital, Koege
Undergraduate Researcher at the Department of Surgery.
Research field: the immune response in gastrointestinal cancers.
– Assisting in clinical trials on calcium-electroporation colorectal cancer.
– Meta-analysis on tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes in pancreatic cancer.
– Inclusion of patient blood and tissue samples for analysis in the VAR2 study.
– Writing narrative reviews regarding immune responses in cancer.
- 01.01.2019 – 01.02.2019 | Rigshospitalet, Department of Oncology
Student Assistant maintaining case report forms for the RADICALS trial.
- 01.01.2018 – 01.01.2019 | Samfundslitteratur
Author of ”Kompendium i medicinsk psykologi og sundhedspsykologi” – a 240 pages long compendium on medical and health psychology aimed for medical students.
- 26.06.2018 – 01.09.2018 | Rigshospitalet, Department of Oncology
Junior Locum Doctor at the Department of Clinical Oncology, Rigshospitalet
– Independent patient rounding and acute patient care, as well as ordination of chemotherapy under supervision.
– Attended staff educating sessions on chemotherapy, emergency oncology, immunotherapy, palliation, and personalized medicine.
- 01.11.2017 – 01.05.2018 | Zealand University Hospital, Koege
Student Assistant for a national randomized study, PIXIE. Assisted in the collection of patient data.
- 01.08.2017 – 01.04.2018 | Rigshospitalet, Department of Oncology
Student Assistant reporting patient data in CRFs for the RADICALS trial, an international study on late and early radiotherapy among patients with prostate cancer.
- 01.08.2015 – 31.1.2017 | Danish Cancer Society
Research Assistant for a national randomized study, MusiCare. My main tasks consisted of measuring patients’ blood pressure, processing blood samples and assisting in patient surveys and logbooks.
- 01.08.2013 – 01.07.2014 | Private Tutoring
Private Tutor in German language. I have tutored middle school and high school students in German language, particularly in German grammar. My students went from D grades to A and B grades in both written and oral presentation.
- 01.08.2013 – 01.02.2014 | Zealand Private School
Substitute teacher in Danish, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
Orhan, Adile, Vogelsang, Rasmus Peuliche, Andersen, Malene Broholm, Madsen, Michael Tvilling, Hölmich, Emma Rosenkrantz, Raskov, Hans & Gögenur, Ismail. The prognostic value of tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes in pancreatic cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. European Journal of Cancer, 132, June 2020.
Hölmich, Emma Rosenkrantz, Hasselager, Rune Petring., Madsen, Michael Tvilling, Orhan, Adile & Gögenur, Ismail. Long-Term Outcomes after Use of Perioperative Glucocorticoids in Patients Undergoing Cancer Surgery: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Cancers, 2020. 12, 1, 22 p., 76.
Raskov, Hans, Orhan, Adile, Salanti, Ali & Gögenur, Ismail. Premetastatic niches, exosomes and circulating tumor cells: Early mechanisms of tumor dissemination and the relation to surgery. International Journal of Cancer, 2020. 146, 12, p. 3244-3255
Orhan, Adile, Vogelsang, Rasmus Peuliche, Andersen, Malene Broholm, Madsen, Michael Tvilling, Hölmich, Emma Rosenkrantz, Raskov, Hans & Gögenur, Ismail. The prognostic value of tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) in pancreatic cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysis: [Meeting Abstract]. Annals of Oncology. Dec 2019. 30, 8P.
Orhan, Adile, Gögenur, Ismail & Kissow, Hannelouise. The Intestinotrophic Effects of Glucagon-Like Peptide-2 in Relation to Intestinal Neoplasia. The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism, 2018. 103, 8, p. 2827-2837.
Raskov, Hans, Orhan, Adile, Pravsgaard Christensen, Jan. & Gögenur, Ismail. Cytotoxic CD8+ T cells in cancer and cancer immunotherapy. Br J Cancer (2020).
Ahmad Zahid, Jawad, Orhan, Adile, Ekeløf Busch, Sarah, Gögenur, Ismail. Myocardial injury after colorectal cancer surgery and postoperative 90-day mortality and morbidity. Diseases of the Colon and Rectum.
Adile Orhan. ”Kompendium i medicinsk psykologi og sundhedspsykolog”. Kompendie Forlaget, Samfundslitteratur. March 2018. A 240 pages long Danish compendium on medical and health psychology, primarily aimed for medical students at the first year of medical school.
Adile Orhan, Rasmus P. Vogelsang, Malene B. Andersen, Michael T. Madsen, Emma R. Hölmich, Hans Raskov, Ismail Gögenur. The prognostic value of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) in pancreatic cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress; 2019 Dec 1-14; Geneva, Switzerland.
Emma R. Hölmich, Rune P. Hasselager, Michael T. Madsen, Adile Orhan, Ismail Gögenur. Long-term outcomes after use of perioperative glucocorticoids in patients undergoing cancer surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Danish Surgical Society Annual Meeting; 2019 Oct 30 – Nov 1; Copenhagen, Denmark.
Charlotte Brinch, Estrid Høgdall, Pieter de Heer, Ninna Aggerholm Pedersen, Philip Rossen, Adile Orhan, Mathieu Molimard, Malene Møller Jørgensen, Anders Krarup-Hansen. A Danish prospective study including liquid biopsies, plasma concentration of tyrosine kinase inhibitors and Quality of Life in patients with Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor. CTOS, Tokyo, November 2019.
- ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress, Geneva, Schweiz, . December 2019. Poster Presentation.
- Danish Surgical Society, Copenhagen, November 2019. Mini-oral presentation.
- VuMedi, online presentation on TILs in pancreatic cancer, July 2020. VuMedi.com
- Receiver of the Danish Cancer Society’s Scholarship of 120.000 DKK.
- Best oral presentation in the section “Upper Gastrointestinal Research”, Danish Surgical Society, Annual Meeting, November 2019.
- Member of The European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
LAST UPDATE: OCT 2020